Archive for the ‘Time-sensitive’ Category
The purpose of Veterans Affairs (VA) home loans is to provide a pathway to homeownership for those who have sacrificed so much by serving our nation. As the Veterans Administration says of the program:
“The objective of the VA Home Loan Guaranty program is to help eligible Veterans, active-duty personnel, surviving spouses, and members of the Reserves and National Guard purchase, retain, and adapt homes in recognition of their service. . . .”
For over 75 years, VA home loans have provided millions of veterans and their families the opportunity to purchase their own homes.
2020 Data on VA Home Loans
- 1,246,817 home loans are guaranteed by the Veterans Administration
- The average VA loan amount totals $301,044
- 178,171 of those using a VA Loan are first-time homebuyers
Top Benefits of the VA Home Loan Program
As we reflect on their sacrifice and honor our nation’s veterans, it’s important to ensure all veterans know the full extent of benefits VA home loans offer. As Jeff London, Director of the VA Home Loan Program, says:
“VA loans offer an extraordinary opportunity for veterans because of lower interest rates, lower monthly payments, no or low-down payments, and no private mortgage insurance.”
Those who qualify for a VA home loan are eligible for the following:
- Borrowers can often purchase a home with no down payment. In 2020, 350,094 individuals using a VA Loan were able to purchase their homes without putting money down.
- Many other loans with down payments under 20% require Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI). VA Loans do not require PMI, which means veterans can save on their monthly housing costs.
- Finally, VA-Backed Loans often offer the most competitive terms and interest rates.
One way we can honor and thank our veterans this year is to ensure they have the best information about the benefits of VA home loans. Homeownership is the American Dream. Our veterans sacrifice so much in service to our nation and deserve to achieve their homeownership goals. Thank you for your service.
Today, on Veterans Day, we honor those who have served our country and thank them for their continued dedication to our nation. In the United States, there are many valuable benefits available to Veterans, including VA home loans. For over 75 years, VA home loans have provided millions of Veterans and their families the opportunity to purchase their own homes.
As we consider the full impact of VA home loans, it’s important to both understand these great options for Veterans and to share them with those we know who may be able to benefit most. For a variety of different reasons, many Veterans don’t use their VA home loan options, so being knowledgeable about what’s available and how they work may be a game-changer for many.
Facts about 2019 VA Home Loans (most current data):
- 624,546 home loans were guaranteed by the Veterans Administration.
- 306,879 VA home loans were made without a down payment.
- 2,055 grants totaling $118 million were provided to help seriously disabled Veterans purchase, modify, or construct a home to meet their needs.
VA Home Loans Often Offer:
- No down payment options as long as the sales price isn’t higher than the home’s appraised value.
- Better terms and interest rates than loans from other lenders.
- Fewer closing costs, which may be paid by the seller.
The best thing you can do today to celebrate Veterans Day is to share this information with those who can potentially benefit from these loan options. Let’s connect today to discuss your questions about VA home loan benefits. Thank you for your service.