Buyers often wonder should they take the time to stage their home before listing it for sell. Staging your home has been shown to help your home sell more quickly! Buyers are more motivated to consider purchasing a home that suits their family size, budget, and location requirements, but also one that appeals to their senses.how to repost pictures on instagram What will buyers see, learn about the seller, smell, hear, and touch when they tour your home for the first time? Will the buyer be able to imagine themselves in the home surrounded by their favorite belongings? Sometimes too many personal items may lend the buyer to create an awareness of your personality versus allowing them the freedom to imagine the space with theirs.
Contrary to what you may have heard, staging your home doesn’t have to be expensive. Sure, you can hire a decorator or invest in new furniture or renovations. However, if you’re like many sellers high-end staging may not be in your plan or be affordable.
That’s why we have put together the best staging tips for the do-it-yourselfer. The list has been useful to sellers.
Home Staging: The Ten Best Do-It-Yourself Tips for $100 Or Less:
- Say Good Bye to Clutter! The most important thing you can do to prepare your home for sale is to get rid of clutter. Take a hard look at what you have and ask yourself what you can live
without. What kitchen appliances are you not using that can be stored and which family pictures can you temporarily pack away?
- Potted Plants, small or large, are one of the easiest and least expensive ways to create visual appeal.
- Home Fragrance such as scented candles, sprays, and plug-in type fragrance gadgets in delicate scents can work wonders.
- Steam Cleaning, rather than investing in a professional service, rent the machine for one day, and rejuvenate carpets and drapes.
- Baskets and Decorative Containers can help organize scattered items and eliminate clutter.
- Light Bulbs and Dimmer Switches – Brighten dark areas and rooms or soften harsh light with dimmers and the newer soft light bulbs.
- Paint over unusual colors or update stark white walls with a contemporary neutral tone.
- Fresh Flowers and fruit – Inexpensive arrangements in vases you already own look beautiful and will smell naturally fresh and fruit displayed in a nice bowl look inviting.
- Throw Pillows will instantly update an old sofa or chair or make a plain bed look luxurious.
- Housekeeping service can be costly, but hiring one for a day or a few hours is affordable-and it’s worth it to make a kitchen, windows and bathroom shine.
Once you stage your home you can feel confident when you are away and a Broker shows up to show your home , the buyer we see the potential and imagine their affects in the space.